Rahul Dravid is one of the best cricketers to have graced the cricket field. Amassing records in every step, Rahul Dravid has had a glorious trip throughout his career. Apart from holding many records in the One Day International (ODI) and the Test formats, Rahul has been nicknamed as ‘The Wall’ for being one of the most dependable and reliable batsmen in his era. Being such an eminent personality, he also has to his repertoire humility and modesty, some virtues which make his persona even more vibrant. Let us look through some facts in Dravid’s life which you probably were not aware of.
1. When a woman professed her love for him on a reality show, called MTV Bakra, the sportsman advised her to concentrate on other things strongly, namely her education. This shows how much he regards education.
2. Rahul Dravid was once quoted to be saying:’I’ll pay to watch Brian Lara, but I want Tendulkar to bat for my life.’ Even though Dravid was allegedly overshadowed by Tendulkar during the same era, such respect shows his moral maturity and understanding.
3. Once, Rahul Dravid opened the innings for India and carried the bat all the way for the innings, making an unbeaten 106. It was one of the most reputed knocks anybody had seen before and was believed to be one of his best.
4. Rahul Dravid was nicknamed ‘Jammy’ during is childhood, due to the fact that his father worked for Kissan.
5. Rahul Dravid was voted as the sexiest sports personality in India, overtaking the likes of Yuvraj Singh and Sania Mirza. This was an online survey taken during 2004-2005.
6. He has taken a single Test wicket, being an offspinner. His solitary wicket was that of Ridley Jacobs, former West Indian wicketkeeper-left handed batsman.