Originally published by Rishabh Dev on Medium.
FOCUS is the most important word.
- Zen. Practice learned minimalism.
- 80/20 rule. 80% output comes from 20% efforts.
- Focus only the 20% clients, projects, things, clothes, friends, apps.
- Deep Work. Understand the difference between deep work and shallow work.
- Outsource or Assign the shallow work and focus on the deep work.
- Have daily deep work sessions along with one 4-day deep work long weekend each month. Go Airplane Mode for these sessions.
- Choose the same place each time for the 4-day long weekend deep work session.
- No-distractions. Setup distraction-free environments for the daily deep work sessions.
- Reach the state of FLOW in work. Easiest to reach this state in the early morning hours.
- Think. Think deeply about everything especially before making any decision.
- Use the morning 20/20/20 rule for the first hour of the day first 20 minutes movement next 20 minutes goal setting and last 20 minutes learning.
- Use the 90/90/1 rule for the next 90 days and the first 90 minutes of the work day focus on the 1 most important project which will help you significantly change the course of life.
- Single-screen apps rule. Keep only the apps which can fit on a single home screen. Delete all others.
- Schedule distractions including email, social media, whatsapp, texts on the calendar 4–5 times a day.
- No-notifications Rule. Turn all notifications except calls off from the phone throughout the day and check them only during the scheduled distraction times.
- Quit depressants and suppressants like Alcohol. Follow the one-drink rule for occasional events.
- BIW. Focus on the skills to be Best In World at. It’s better than being good at everything.
- 10k. Walk 10,000 steps a day. Each day.
- Replace diet and exercise with nutrition and training. Long-term lifestyle changes are better than short term sprints of fitness.
- Get a massage every week.
- Daily Headspace sessions for meditation and mindfulness.
- Work only on the 3 most important tasks each workday. This is better than the never-ending todo list approach.
- Get the 5 AM Advantage. Wake up at 5 AM everyday.
- Focus music. Use classical music as a tool to achieve focus.
- Every moment, think what makes the most sense to do right now. If you’re doing something else, switch right away.
Do nothing which is of no use.