Moroccan rugs have gained popularity in recent years because of their intricate patterns and signature geometric shapes. The high demand, however, has its own drawbacks, For instance, authentic Moroccan rugs are not always cheap. However, for the price you pay, you’re assuring yourself of a good quality rug.
Here are some essential factors about Moroccan rugs that you need to know:
The good thing about Moroccan rugs is the ease of cleaning it. You can hand wash the rug using laundry detergent or shampoo and hang it to dry under the sun. You can also wash it in a washing machine with the settings on ‘gentle.‘
Another way to clean the rug is to vacuum it with the brush set down. You do not have to worry about ruining the rug because it’s made from sturdy weaves. This is what sets a Moroccan rug apart from the mass-produced variety: class and quality.
Styling patterned rugs
You need to find the right balance between the rug’s small and large patterns and its strong and neutral colors. If you want to make a statement, you can go for classic shapes in bold colors.
The exciting thing about Moroccan rugs is mixing and matching them to get the effect you want. Traditional designs can be combined with abstract patterns. Your creativity will be unleashed by choosing the best set of patterns and colors.
Differentiating Handmade Boucherouite Moroccan Rugs
Handwoven by the Berber Tribe, there are a variety of Moroccan rugs that you can choose from.
Here are some of the more popular rugs that are finding their way to homes, offices, and establishments across the globe:
- Beni Quarain. This is one of the most popular Moroccan rugs available on the market. You can easily distinguish the rug by its classic patterns and palette of diamonds. If you’re a modern minimalist, this rug would best suit your taste.
- Beni Mguild. What differentiates this one from the other Handmade Boucherouite Moroccan Rugs is its intricate patterns. It has a unique variegated color background that comes in blue, magenta, red or purple.
- Azizal. This rug might appear simple at first glance, but it radiates a mysterious kind of beauty. With its basic lines and shapes, the rug’s designs seem to move. The rug is likened to an expression of modern expressionism.
- Boujad. This one features a combination of colors that include magenta, orange or pink. It’s an eye-catching design with floating geometric shapes that seem to look like diamonds. This rug can appear to be too intense and may not suit the fancy of some buyers.
- Rehamma. This rug is considered a cousin of the Persian rug due to the similarities they share. The rug’s red-magenta color gives it a distinct character that sets it apart from the rest.
- Ourika. This one stands out due to its multi-colored diamonds that are produced from the recycled thread. It’s one of the most sought-after rugs because of the upbeat vibe it gives out.
- Boucherouite. If there is a rug that goes beyond non-traditional weaving, it’s this one. This rug is made primarily of recycled threads from other kinds of fabrics. One look at this rug and you know that it’s a work of art.
If you’re still planning to purchase more Moroccan rugs or itching to get your first one, now is the time to do so. They may seem on the high end, but they are definitely worth every penny.