When it comes to social networking, Facebook still reigns supreme with the internet users. Facebook’s COO Sheryl Sandberg proudly acknowledged that:
Facebook’s monthly active users (MAUs) were 1.11 billion as of March 31, 2013, an increase of 23% year-over-year.
And if you are the one who thinks that Facebook is one thing you can’t avoid, then this post may prove useful for you. It might be possible that someone might hack your account, or you can lose your Facebook password. Hence I would advice you to backup your Facebook data as a zip file. And it always takes seconds to do so.
Before I tell you how to download your Facebook archive, let us see what it includes and what’s not in your archive?
What’s in your archive?
- Your timeline information (ex: your contact information, interests, groups)
- Content that you and your friends have posted to your timeline
- Photos and videos that you have uploaded to your account
- Your friend list
- Notes you have created
- Events to which you have RSVP’d
- Your sent and received messages
- Any comments that you and your friends have made on your timeline posts, photos, and other timeline content
What’s not in your archive?
Your friends’ photos and status updates
Other people’s personal info
- Comments you’ve made on other people’s posts
For more details, go through this article (https://www.facebook.com/help/405183566203254).
You can also download an expanded archive to see more about your account history.
The expanded archive in addition to your downloaded info contains even more account info like logins, cookies and more. The link to download your expanded archive is on the same page where you download your information.
Now here is the answer to the question: How can you download all your information from Facebook?
You can download your information from the Account Settings page.
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Account Settings
- Click General in the left-hand column
- Click on “Download a copy of your Facebook data”
- Click Start My Archive
It takes some time for Facebook to archive your data.
Caution: Protect your archive
Your Facebook archive includes sensitive info like your private Wall posts, photos and profile information. Please keep this in mind before storing or sending your archive.